I am the guy that writes your name in black marker on your Starbucks cup. I probably write around five hundred customers’ names every day. Recently, it has come to my attention that people are not always satisfied with the name I’ve written. In fact, many people say that…
- me: (out shopping, looking all fly with my Marvel comics tote bag featuring several characters)
- dude: nice bag.
- me: thanks. (keeps on shopping)
- dude: do you even know who all those characters are?
- me: uh... yeah?
- dude: ok then, who's that guy? (points at a character on the bag)
- me: wait, are you asking me to prove that I'm enough of a fan enough to carry this bag?
- dude: (smirks) that's what I thought. He's called the Silver Surfer. I bet you don't even know his real name.
- me: does it matter? (starts to edge away before I start punching throats)
- dude: psh, you're not a real fan.
- me: (slowly unsheathing my Wolverine claws)
- me: how many pairs of chromosomes do humans contain in their cells?
- dude: uh... what?
- me: explain the function of cellular mitosis?
- me: what is the purpose of myelin sheath with regards to the formation of new neural pathways?
- dude: what are you even talking about?
- me: oh, well it seemed that you were implying that if I don't know as much about the Marvel universe as you do, then I can't possibly be considered a real fan. This is me implying that because you don't know as much about the human body as I do, you can't possibly be considered a real human being.
- dude: Um, I... wow. You're right. Have a nice day. (starts to shuffle away)
- me: his name is Norrin Radd.
- dude: (looks extremely embarrassed)
repeat after me:
- women owe you nothing
- women’s bodies are their own
- nothing you do will ever make you “deserve” a woman
- you wanting to get your dick sucked will NEVER be more important than a woman’s right to feel safe/comfortable/like an actual human being
- how women select partners is not the problem male entitlement is the problem
Not all men!
Yes but enough men that every girl is terrified of smiling to that guy on the bus or talking with the boy in the coffee shop. Every girl has been walking late at night at one point and been afraid of who might be following her. Every girl has referred to someone as a “creep” and every girl has refused a drink from someone she doesn’t know.
Not all men.
But enough men that all women are now afraid of most men.
It’s gotten so bad that we have to be afraid of even telling you we are afraid. We can’t ask that you please stop talking to us. Because if we do we run the risk of being labeled a “stuck up bitch” and blamed for murders and rapes in which we are the victims.
So we speak to you with body language that we hope you’ll understand. We cross our legs and look out the window and wear giant headphones that are giant signs that subtly read “DON’T TALK TO ME!” But you insist on ignoring those signs because you have it in your head that our body language doesn’t mean anything. That our bodies aren’t our bodies.
Not all men.
You can start fucking saying that when all women can stop being afraid. But that’s not gonna happen if every man a women opens up to about this issue dismisses her by saying “Not all men.”
unofficial letter to the skeezball at work all men.
"I will slaughter every single blonde slut I see." 7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC Santa Barbara
'I will slaughter every single blonde slut I see': Seven people killed as son of Hunger Games assistant director carries out drive-by shooting 'because women rebuffed his advances and he was a virgin at 22'
- Elliot Rodger, 22, went on a shooting rampage in Santa Barbara, killing six
- He posted a video to social media Thursday in which he rants about how women have rejected his advances
- Lamenting that he was a 22-year-old virgin, Rodger promises ‘retribution’ and ‘punishment’
- He says he plans to enter the ‘hottest sorority on SCSB’ and ‘slaughter’ the girls inside
Women don’t get to exist. Women don’t get to say no.
this is why yall need to quit the nice guy act
It’s fucking disgusting that mainstream media outlets are reporting this with the headline “Suspect in Calif. Shootings Felt Spurned in Love”.
YES THAT IS AN ACTUAL HEADLINE.
Not “Misogynistic terrorist felt so entitled to women’s time, attention, and bodies that he shot 7 of them because they wouldn’t fuck him”.
Not “Men’s Rights Activist murders seven women because his BMW didn’t get him any pussy and he thought it should”
Nah. Just “spurned in love”. Clearly if women hadn’t spurned this poor FUCKING ASSHOLE MURDERER there wouldn’t be 7 dead in California right now.
Anyone who is not reporting this as an act of terrorism against women is fucking wrong. They are fucking wrong and they are an asshole. Anyone who does not report this guy’s connections to the men’s rights movement is fucking wrong. They are fucking wrong and an asshole.
I am so fucking tired of women’s entire right to exist being predicated on our sexual availability to men.